FRONT OFFICE ASSISTANT
Part-time position. The receptionist position is a vital link between clients, donors and the ministry at Pregnancy Resource Center East. This person serves as gateway for all weekday activity and is usually the one most responsible for creating a positive and inviting impression. Additionally, the Receptionist represents an important resource for the staff and works at the virtual nerve center of our organization where the first level of general information about the center, its ministry, staff and other useful resources is distributed.
The Receptionist will report to the Center Director for all aspects of the job, and will provide support to the client advocates, volunteers and staff as directed.
The Receptionist will be responsible for:
Reception desk functions including:
1. Warmly welcoming and assisting clients, guests and visitors who enter PRCE.
2. Acting as a communication liaison with the volunteers and staff.
3. Monitoring staff and volunteer presence and availability.
4. Quickly evaluating how best to respond to and/or serve our clients and visitors, then following through in a professional manner, enlisting the help of staff and volunteers when necessary.
5. Answering, screening and forwarding all incoming calls for the staff.
6. Providing up-to-date general information pertaining to our ministry, services, appointments, special events, and other PRCE programs.
Staff assistance functions including:
7. Sorting and distributing incoming mail and deliveries.
8. Providing assistance with proofreading, bulk mailings and other special projects as needed.
9. Reviewing and posting notices on the PRCE bulletin boards and lobby area and responding to general information inquires received through our website and phone messages when applicable.
10. Maintaining waiting room and play area for neatness comfort.
11. Maintaining a supply of updated brochures and information at the front desk, waiting room and restrooms.
12. Maintaining the lost and found basket.
13. Occasionally serving as the contact person for PRCE at group events and activities.
14. Performing other duties as directed by the Center Director.
1. Must be punctual and reliable
2. Must complete PRCE volunteer training either online or in-person, along with pertinent in –house orientation and follow-ups.
3. Willingness to serve Christ through this ministry.
4. Maturity of character, cultural sensitivity, compassion, discernment, and confidentiality.
5. A genuinely warm, caring and patient attitude.
6. A very good listener and communicator.
7. Attention to detail and accuracy.
8. Good organizational skills with the ability to comfortably multi-task.
9. Experience and comfort with use of telephone and computer systems and software.
10. Good grammatical skills; ability to speak precisely and understandably in regular conversation.
11. Ability to focus and discipline to work with minimal direct supervision.
12. Familiarity with PRCE, the nature of its clients, its principles and mission statement.
13. Self-starter, internally motivated, good intuitive skills.
14. Ability to lift heavy boxes, tables and cases of water
15. Set up and Breakdown of class room tables and chairs
1. Good emotional intelligence (including the ability to perceive the needs of others)
2. Willingness to pray with others as appropriate.
OTHER EXPECTATIONS AND OPPORTUNITIES
1. Candidates must be in agreement and uphold Pregnancy Resource Center Statement of Principle, Statement of Faith and policies of the center.
2. Selected candidate will be expected to be actively involved in a Christian church, become involved and participate in the general life and ministry of PRCE, and become increasingly familiar with all operations.
3. Involvement in other ministry tasks and interests will be encouraged as time and job responsibilities allow.
4. Participation in regular staff meetings and personal development activities.
5. A good faith commitment to serve at least 2 years in this position, if hired.